March 12, 2012

Grand Opening - Obtainium Works! CONGRATS Kathy & Shannon O'Hare!

I met Kathy and Shannon a few years back in the Fillmore Dist. of San Francisco, when they and Phat Mandee and Michael Lyons came out to one of my Dangerous Martini jazz shows.  I had just come back from my second year at Burning man and saw their amazing NEVERWAS HAUL steam powered mutant vehicle on the playa in Black Rock City, NV.  It's WAY MORE Then an artcar!  I was happy to meet them in person.  Mandee is a jazz singer from Pittsburgh, PA and when I found this out I had her come up on stage and sit in with my quartet.  She is great! What a treat to meet such talented folks.

Kathy and Shannon are timeless creative inspiring classic modern powerhouses of unique and unusual talent. They are the front runners of the Steampunk movement out here on the west coast and over the years Artcar Fest cartists and steampunkers have been mingling at local parades and lots of cool functions, like Maker's Faire. This weekend they are holding their GRAND OPENING OF Obtainium Works, their new shop in Vallejo, CA. http://allevents.in/Vallejo/Grand-Opening---Obtainium-Works/388057297876005
I can't wait to see the new shop!

It made the news!  Check it out here!  
CONGRATS Kathy & Shannon O'Hare! 

Art Car Artist Rolls into Vallejo - Man plans to build steam-powered punk art cars straight from the pages of Jules Verne novels.


View more videos at: http://nbcbayarea.com.

No comments: