December 8, 2008

Classic VW Art Car Blues...


I have super bad news... : (

I took out a loan and just had the transmission, clutch & brakes replaced on the bus...Just when I thought she was purring happy and finally fixed...one week later she hoarked a piston and now I have lost the engine. I wish the mechanic would have caught that little detail before she crapped out on me. At least she didn't catch fire. That's what happens when you fall in love with a classic car, with an attitude.

The rebuild is going to cost something like $3900 to do (I thought this was a little high, I'm getting a second opinion/quote soon)...so it looks like the Fahrvernpussy will be hanging in the driveway until I can find a VW bus mechanic who can work on her (Hell, there may be a creative artcar fundrasier down the road... : )

I need to get some other little set of wheels in the meantime...Something hideous but runs great! Like a reiliable granny car. Looks like another little artcar may be brewing... one that is reliable.

No comments: