March 5, 2011

Feel the Burne….


Psycho Killer Qu'est-ce que c'est….I’m sitting in my hotel room in Calistoga, CA chilling before tomorrows jazz gig for the Calistoga "Mustard, Mud & Music" Festival. They are comping some nice dining for the band, so Doug and I are going to check out Brannan’s in a little bit. 

Dangerous Martini is going to shake and stir this place up good.  David Burne is going to feel a burn when we put the dangerous martini lounge spank on one of the Talking Heads covers tomorrow.  I keep listening to the song here on my laptop.

The French part is interesting…Ce que j'ai fait, ce soir-là - What I did that night, Ce qu'elle a dit, ce soir-là - What she said that night, Réalisant mon espoir - Realizing my dreams, Je me lance vers la gloire - I throw myself towards glory.  Legend has it that this was Isadora Duncan’s last words before her tragic death. We are vain and we are blind, I hate people when they're not polite

There is always something the same about hotel rooms no matter where you go, their just like airport bars… stale, overly nice and lonely. 

No comments: